Creating Comfort offer variants of the standard bed wedge, this has been developed initially as a bespoke item for one of our customers who requested a lower incline to elevate the upper torso. Although relief is achieved with all our wedges ,for some the lower incline and larger surface area make for a more comfortable nights sleep particularly for those with a larger body frame.
Irrespective of the incline as this is personal choice, what’s important is that your head, shoulders and torso are supported at the correct elevation to alleviate symptoms of acid reflux, heartburn, respiratory conditions, sinusitis, hiatus hernia and other related problems. Elevation allows gravity to work well keeping stomach acid and food down, drains sinuses and opens airways.
Elevation of the head only on pillows actually exacerbates many sleep problems, particularly acid reflux, as your body is inclined to bend in the middle, which allows acid to go part way up the esophagus and get trapped which causes extreme discomfort. The single most popular recommendation from medical professionals is to elevate the upper torso to alleviate symptoms, which in turn may reduce the necessity to take prescribed medications.
Multi functional, the bed wedge can be used at the bottom of the bed to raise and support the legs encouraging good circulation, relieving symptoms of varicose veins, swollen ankles, phlebitis and oedema. For many, this simple natural remedy may be all that is required to manage such conditions very well.
Excellent to manage Gerd during pregnancy.
Our bed wedge is constructed from high density CM) foam which has a laminated layer of ‘eggcrate’ design Memory Foam to increase airflow , fitted with a luxury coloured poly cotton zip off cover.
Dimensions Approximately 76cm x 66cm x cream soft damask cover 20cm profiling to 5cm at the lowest point.
- Lower incline and wider surface area to sleep comfortably, achieves comfortable elevation of the upper torso
- As supplied to the NHS & Nursing Homes. Complies with BS5852:Part2:1982, Furniture & Furnishings (Fire)(Safety) Regulations 1988.
- Highly recommended for sufferers of acid reflux ,Gerd and heartburn, also aids in sinus drain problems, snoring, and constricted airways
- Excellent to counteract oedema and varicose veins by elevating the legs
- Constructed from an “Egg Crate” memory foam layer laminated to premium grade CM foam providing excellent support, comfort and increased airflow to regulate temperature